- Our School
- NEW DRAMA WEBSITE
- Boxtops for Education and Campbell's Soup Labels
- Internet Safety for Students
- New Page for Parents on our Website
- CHMS Newsletter
- Guidance Newsletter
- Clubs & Activities
- Parents & Students
- Quick Links
Reading for pleasure inside and outside of school has real and long-lasting benefits. It unlocks the power of information and imagination and helps children discover who they are. Please make plans to come to our Book Fair and be involved in shaping your child's reading habits.
Remember, all purchases benefit our school. See you at the Book Fair!"
Mrs. Slusser, Librarian
A Life Like Yours!
Where & how to learn, live, work and play!
-It is never too early to plan for life after high school
-Learn what is available for you
-What every parent should know
Saturday, March 25, 2017
Colonial Heights High School Gym
3600 Conduit Road
Colonial Heights, VA 23834
Arc South of the James Colonial Heights High School
Raffle and Giveaways!!!
CHMS Drama Club Presents:
The 2017 Colonial Heights Middle School
Friday March 24th at 6:30PM
CHMS Auditorium Tickets:
$2 for children under 6
Come and see the talent of the present and future.
Come out and support your school
during Spirit Night at Chick-fil-A
Southpark Mall. CHick-fil-A will make
a donation of sales to your school!
- At the door, the admission per couple is $20.00 and $5.00 for each additional daughter.
- $20.00 2 - 5X7
- $25.00 2 – 5X7 and 8 wallets
- $30.00 1 – 8X10, 2 – 5X7’s, and 8 Wallets
- $45.00 1 – 8X10, 4 – 5X7’s, and 16 Wallets
- $65.00 1 – 11X14 portrait “ready for framing”
Tickets need to be purchased for each person attending the dance.
Tickets purchased in advance will be distributed to your child on Friday, February 17th.
All proceeds from ticket sales go to the Colonial Heights High School Girls Basketball Team.
We hope to see everyone there!
(Click here for downloadable PDF file)
In this workshop you will learn:
Adolescents don’t have to drive you crazy!
SURVIVING YOUR ADOLESCENTS
How to Manage & Let Go of 13-18 Year Olds (Parents of 11-12 year olds also encouraged to attend!)
By Thomas W. Phelan, Ph.D.
Presented by Tracy Lee
Colonial Heights Public Schools Family Resource Center
- What is normal adolescent behavior
- How to manage teenage risk-taking
- Exactly what problems require professional attention
- What problems require your “letting go”
- The Four Cardinal Sins (What not to do!)
- The five ways to improve your relationship
- What role to take: Observer, Advisor, Negotiator, Director
- How to respond to emotional blackmail
- From fashion to passion: guidelines for specific problems
To register, contact Lisa Kochuba, Family Resource Coordinator at 524-3445 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org (Please do not bring children, as there is no childcare)
SPACE IS LIMITED SO REGISTER EARLY!!!
Learn more about “Surviving Your Adolescents” at www.parentmagic.com.