- Our School
- Clubs & Activities
- Parents & Students
Online Pre-Registration for CHMS
Colonial Heights Public Schools is pleased to present online pre-registration for all Middle School students. The online student pre-registration forms are designed to provide a faster and more convenient way for Middle School parents to pre-register their Middle School child into the Colonial Heights Public Schools (CHPS) division.
*For parents without access to a computer or unable to access the internet, CHPS has kiosks set up at the Central Registration Office that you can use.
To begin, ALL Parents will need to contact the Central Registration Office (804-526-0321) or the Middle School (804-524-3420 x16) to:
- Give them your home address so that they can verify you are within CHPS boundaries
- New students to CHPS - If your child has never been enrolled in CHPS schools, the CRO or school secretary will give you the School Enroll Code you need to begin the pre-registering process for your student.You will begin at Step 1 below in these instructions.
- Returning students - If you are registering a returning student, and have a previous Parent Portal account set up for that student, you will begin at Step 2 below in these instructions.
*If you do not have a Parent Portal account for your returning student, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for help to set this up.
Step 1 For parents of NEW (never attended CHPS schools) students - The link below will take you to the Ecollect Enrollment page to begin pre-registration.
- enter your student’s information, your household information, your email address and the School Enroll Code (Under Account Information) provided by the school or CRO
- Validate your identity, then click on the APPLY TO SCHOOL button
- an email will be sent to you at the email address you have provided. The email will include:
- The Access ID to add the student to a Parent Portal Account
- The Access Password
- The link to the PowerSchool web address for Parent Portal
Step 2 ALL Parents – Go to the CHPS Parent Portal website:
Step 3 When the login page for PowerSchool Student and Parent Portal opens:
- If you are a parent with a NEW student(s):
- Click on the Create Account tab
- Click on the Create Account button
- Fill out your information
- Under Link Students to Account
- Use the information provided to you in the email you received after filling out the Ecollect Enroll form.
- Click on the Enter button
- If you are a parent of a RETURNING student:
- Log in to your Parent Portal account
Step 4 ALL Parents - Once you have logged in to the Student and Parent Portal, (if you have more than one student in CHPS make sure to click on your new or returning student’s tab at the top left side of the page), then click on Ecollect Forms on the left-hand side.
- Complete all the forms listed in order starting with the CHPS Student Pre-Registration and continuing with all of the Pre-Registration Part 2 Forms.
- These forms do not have to completed on the same day however, your data entered will not be saved unless you click on the submit button at the bottom of each form.
NOTE** These online forms pre-register your student for CHPS schools. You will still need to come to the Central Registration Office to complete additional paperwork and to provide the following information:
- Proof of Residency (Deed or Lease; additional documentation may be required upon request)
- Original Birth Certificate
- Immunization Records
- Parent's photo ID
- Custody papers (if applicable)